Hello dear readers, I’ve been tagged yet again by Ellie @ Eleanor Sophie Writes. She is a marvelous blogger who covers a wide range of topics. She is a great inspiration for many, and I definitely recommend giving her blog a follow. I guarantee you won’t be disappointed.
Thank the person that tagged you.
Tag the post with #AwesomeBloggerAward
Answer the questions you were asked
Nominate at least five bloggers and let them know
Give them ten new questions to answer!
- What was your dream job when you were a child?
I remember this quite well actually. In second grade we had to draw a picture of what we wanted to be when we grew up and I picked an ice cream man. not the guy who rides around in the trucks or works in a store, but an ice cream man who rode around on the bicycle type thing.
2. Do your family/friends know about your blog? Are they supportive?
Yeah pretty much everyone I am close to knows about my blog. I don’t think a lot of them read it more than on rare occasion, but they all know about it. I wouldn’t say any of them are unsupportive of it, but it doesn’t get brought up at all at the dinner table. Just something I do for fun.
3. What’s your ideal Saturday like?
One of two things. If I can’t be outside at the beach, on a hike, or just doing something outdoors, then I’d like to be curled up on the couch with something good on the TV and my computer in front of me with my current WIP or other creative projects I have.
4. Are there any genres you dislike but you feel like everyone else in the book community loves?
I wouldn’t say there are any genres I dislike per se, but I don’t see the interest in romance books as much as others seem to. The tropes just seem overdone and repetitive, with minimal suspense to them.
5. Who are three of your favourite musicians/bands?
This is a tough question because I don’t listen to music that often. If I had to pick someone I’d say Demi Lovato. Not because I am a big fan of her music, but because I think she is gorgeous lol.
6. What’s your drink of choice for when you’re reading?
I don’t really eat/drink when I read, but I always have water on hand. Too likely to spill and ruin a book.
7. If you use a star rating system for reviews, how do you personally define the categories? If you don’t, why not?
I’m not entirely sure what this means, but if I am correct in my assumption the loose categories for each star are:
1 Star: The book was bad for many reasons and I would not recommend to anyone.
2 Star: The book had bad flow, a terrible story, and characters were unreliable, but something stood out
3 Star: The book was okay. It was worth the read, but it didn’t overly stand out. Might recommend to others.
4 Star: The book was good. It was captivating and I was hooked throughout the entire book.
5 Star: This book was fantastic. Great world building, plot, and characters.
I don’t often give a book anything higher than a 4 star rating. I’d say my average is three stars.
8. What posts are you most proud of from your blog in 2020?
There are a few. These are the ones I spent a lot of time on researching and writing and it shows.
9. Do you write your blog posts straight in the post builder, or do you write it on a different programme first and then copy it over? If the latter, what do you write them in?
99 per cent of the time I just write them on WordPress. It’s just easier than copying them over from another program.
10. Do you plan your blog content? In terms of either writing in advance or just deciding what you will write. How far in advance do you go?
I try and plan my content month by month. Usually something comes up and I have to change a few posts, but for the most part I can schedule an entire month’s worth of content ahead of time.
- If you could erase one book series from existence, which one would you pick?
- Would you rather read three 500 page books, or one 1,500 page book, and why?
- What is your favourite candle scent? If you don’t like candles, what is your favourite smell?
- Do you have any favourite bookmarks? Don’t be shy and share a picture if you do.
- One book character you would marry, one you’d f*ck and one you’d kill?
- What is your Mayan zodiac? (you’ll likely need to look it up)
- Do you have any favourite board games?
- What is one thing nobody knows about you?
- Slow and steady or hard and fast? I’m talking about books, get your head out of the gutter.
- Other than blogging, do you have any other hobbies?